Bassline Concerts conceptualizes and produces high-profile South African and international music concerts/events..
Since 2003 Bassline has been producing large-scale concerts for audience numbers ranging from 5000 to 30 000. These include;
• Bassline Jazz Festival 2003 – Emmarentia Dam
• Live 8 2004 – South African concert - Global Broadcast to 2 billion people
• Women’s Day festival: 2004 - 2007
• Africa Day Concerts at Mary Fitzgerald Square: 2004 - 2009
• Africa Day Dries Niemand Park 2010
• Africa Day Newtown Park 2011
• Africa Day concerts at Mofolo Park, Soweto: 2006 - 2008
• New Year’s Eve concerts: 2005, 2006 - 2009
• Arts Alive Festival Music Events - JAZZ ON THE LAKE and others: 2006 - 2008, 2012 - 2014
• Maftown Heights in the Newtown Park: 2013 & 2104
Many of the Africa Day & New Year’s Eve events listed above were broadcast live and featured the cream of the crop in South African, African and International music. Filmed with spectacular world class staging, lighting and sound, the events drew audiences of up to 30 000 per event.
In 2010 Bassline managed the South African showcase at MIDEM in Cannes, featuring many of South Africa’s top global acts.
In 2010 Bassline undertook international production (Johannesburg, Cape Town, New York, London) of the United Nations ‘Millennium Development Goals’ All-Africa Song featuring a star studded line-up of African songwriters and performers (see insert video)
From 2006 to 2008 and again from 2012 - 2014, Bassline was part of the consortium that managed the month long Johannesburg Arts Alive festival, featuring over 100 performing arts events throughout the city, including the massive “Jazz on the Lake” spectacle.
In June 2015, Bassline produced the successful Fete de la Musique event, staged for the first time in Newtown at the Newtown Junction2016 saw the successful production of the Fete de la Musique (see Fete de la Musique page for more details) again in Newtown at the Market Theatre Precinct and Newtown Junction, attracting over 8000. The Bassline Africa Day Concert (see Bassline Africa Day page for more details) was produced with an all star African cast starring Oliver Mtukudzi from Zimbabwe, Waje from Nigeria, Zonke from SA as well as a host of other stars attracting an audience of over 5000 and a live broadcast on SABC2 to hundreds of thousands viewers.